Saturday, June 2, 2012

Becky and Josh's Rock Wall

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I wanted to post these pictures of my amazing husband! He and I photographed Becky and Josh's wedding at The Chalet View Lodge on April 28, 2012. This beautiful lodge is located outside of Graeagle, between Quincy and Portola. Jerick had worked with Josh on Chester Fly Crew last summer. After Josh had proposed to Becky during their visit to Yosemite, he contacted Jerick, asking if we could be their wedding photographers. Josh and Becky had visited us while we were at the Davis Bridal Show so talk to us and see the products we offered. It was great to see them there and to have their support, since we had just moved from Northern California back to Southern California. It has been amazing photographing the weddings we've had for Jerick's work buddies with the Forest Service. The people who work together with Jerick with the Forest Service grow a tight bond together and become like second family. It's truly an honor to photograph these couples!
Anyway, so back to my main point...my amazing husband. At Becky and Josh's wedding, they had a bounce house and outdoor games and even a rock climb wall!!! So cool!! I had asked Jerick while I was sketching out some photo ideas for Josh and Becky if Jerick would be willing to climb the rock wall and photograph Josh and Becky's first climb together as husband and wife. Of course he said he would!! :) Rappelling from a helicopter into a fire, a rock wall was not a big deal for him. (Although I have climbed a rock wall that was at my high school grad night, which was way too many years ago, I have this thing with heights and expensive camera equipment and also a klutzy factor in there too...you might not think that since I used to dance ballet, but I am...so I asked my hubby to do it...)  So, when the time came for Jerick to strap in and climb the rock wall, he scaled the wall with such grace and ease. I giggled to myself when I heard from their guests, "Now that's a dedicated photographer!" With our new camera with our wide angel lens, he was able to document their first rock climb as husband and wife and the awesome scenery of the Lodge and their wedding day. I am so proud of my husband, and we wouldn't have had those images without him!!
Here are some of the images of Becky and Josh taking their first climb, and some images of the amazing view Jerick got while he was up on the rock wall. Not to brag, but we make a great team!  This is also an example for me to share how important each moment of a wedding day is to us to photograph for the couple. And we want to serve them and provide amazing images and products to all of our couples.  Enjoy these images.  I have more to post from weddings from late 2011and even from Becky and Josh's wedding, but I really wanted to get these images up and post this blog. Have a great and relaxing weekend.
Cheers!!







No comments:

Post a Comment