Monday, May 14, 2012

Cody and Alex's Wedding

It's been a while since I sat down to write on my blog. It's been a roller coaster of a winter. I've been hit with 5 sinus infections, a stomach flu in January, 8 weeks of vertigo, and had surgery in mid-April. Whew!  Well, besides all the speed bumps with my health, I have been a little busy editing weddings and family portraits that I was asked to photograph. I will be posting images here and there.
The first set of images are from a Cody and Alex's wedding that my husband and I were asked with the honor to photograph. My husband works with the groom, Alex, with the US Forest Service. Cody is a junior high school teacher. We photographed their engagement photos back in November at Kuleto Winery during Veterans Day weekend. It had rained the day before, and we lucked out the next day with gorgeous weather. Cody and Alex got married on April 14, 2012 at the Rincon Beach Club in Carpinteria. And crazy enough, it rained on the day of their rehearsal. Alex and Cody invited Jerick and me to their rehearsal and BBQ dinner. We were able to enjoy our time visiting fire buddies and get to meet the close friends and family of Alex and Cody. The day of their wedding was yet again a gorgeous, clear, warm, and sunny day. We lucked out again. The bride had some fun props with blue parasols that matches her bridesmaids dresses. The groomsmen had surf boards along with them while we photographed at the beach. The bride and groom even brought with them a hammock that the entire bridal party held onto for Cody and Alex to sit on. We had some fun photographing the bridal party jumping off some rocks at the beach and some amazing shots along the train tracks. I couldn't help by think of the movie "Stand By Me" when the main character yelled, "Train!" really loud. The garden area was beautiful to photograph in. Alex and Cody were so relaxed and everything stayed on track with their time line agenda. Jerick and I couldn't keep our fingers off the shutter button on our cameras. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Their ceremony was very sweet and touching. The dinner was amazing at Rincon Beach Club. The garden at night was lit up with so many beautiful enchanting lights, it was magical like Disneyland. Their friends and family had a blast on the dance floor. We stayed till the last song was over and enjoyed some extra goodbyes with our fire buddies. I have finished editing, color correcting and color enhancing their images within a few weeks, a new record for me. I was excited about getting Cody and Alex their images and slideshow. I had bought new CD cases from Rebinder, made from recycled paper, and CD labels. I have been anxious to finally print on them and deliver their CDs in their beautiful cases and cute tote bag that I had custom designed. We are still currently working on designing their Thank You cards and I am working on finishing their design for their KISS wedding book. Here are some amazing proofs from their wedding. Enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment