Sunday, August 5, 2012

Precious Baby Annie

Hello,
I wanted to post these image from the portrait session I did of sweet baby Annie back in May. These images are from Annie's 6 month baby portrait session.
Annie's mom, Misty, and Dad, Jeremy are both firefighters. Misty works for Cal Fire, and Jeremy works on the same crew with my husband with the US Forest Service. I had the great joy of being their wedding photographer a few years back. Misty and Jeremy had even come to see my senior project exhibition while I was attending Cal Poly back in spring of 2006. Misty had told me then in 2006, that she knew she wanted me to be her wedding photographer. I guess when you know, you know :) I was giddy to hear that. When Misty and Jeremy became engaged, they had contacted us and we arranged an engagement photo session in summer of 2009. We photographed in around Montana de Oro outside of Los Osos. Gorgeous spot for engagement photos. We had a great time together, and I actually had my baby boy strapped to me in my Baby Bjorn while I took their portraits, you could say he was a great assistant!! I had designed a guestbook for them from their engagement photos and a save-the-date postcard as well. Their wedding was in early April 2010 at Robert Hall Winery in Paso Robles. What an amazing winery!! My husband and I were very excited about being their photographers, and at such a beautiful place too. Misty and Jeremy's wedding and engagement photos can be viewed on my website, as well as their wedding book I designed for my studio.
Well, as the song says, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage..."  Jeremy and Misty had a sweet baby girl 9 months ago. And when we moved back to the Central Coast, Misty and Jeremy asked if I could take Annie's 6 month baby portraits. We photographed these portraits back in May (I'm a bit behind in posting these on my blog, however, I had posted the images on my facebook account). We photographed in a few locations, starting in front of the flowery gardens by Sycamore Hot Springs near Avila Beach. I love it there!! We took some sweet photos of Annie in a very adorable tu-tu that Misty made for Annie (Misty is very talented, the tu-tu was so amazing!!!). Annie did some costume changes and we even photographed Annie with her Mom's Cal Fire helmet. We went by a gazebo and photographed their family portraits there. Next we drove to SLO with hope we could photograph around Poly Canyon, but unfortunately, since the last time I photographed there was back when I was attending Cal Poly, there was now a gate closing off vehicle access. Bummer. On to plan B... we went to the creek in downtown SLO by the mission. We bought some pink balloons and put them behind Annie in her Bumbo seat.  I grabbed my daughter's bubble blower that morning for the shoot and had some bubbles flying for Annie. We were laughing so much because it was the first time Annie had seen bubbles. She didn't know what to make of it. So precious!!  We snapped a few more of the Blake family portraits and then Annie was definitely over it. We ended the photo shoot and went to have lunch together. It was a great morning together and a great photo shoot. Misty and I are in the works of getting together for Annie's 9 month baby portraits. Yikes, time flies way too fast!! Here are some images from Annie's photo shoot...
Enjoy :)











No comments:

Post a Comment